There's been a rather listless response to my last update
, from which I have determined that
you may not be as familiar with the music in question as might be hoped. I've added a few lines to the seven remaining lyrics, should that serve to shake anything free.
2. "Well, New York City really has it all /
Oh yeeeeaaa-ah, oh yeah." (buffyannotater
recognizes "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker"
by the Ramones
3. "Dreams are strewn across the sand /
You won't need (you won't money) /
4. "Hip shakin' mama, I told ya /
I'm in love with only you /
Gotta, do it baby why don't ya /
I'll give ya everything you want."
7. "Do things do things do things bad things with it /
Do things do things do things good things with it." (dlgood
correctly notes that this is "For the Love of Money"
the Ohio Players The O'Jays
8. "On stage or on record /
Go to the Wiz and select it /
Take it off the rack, if it's wack put it back /
I like the Whopper, fuck the Big Mac." ("It Takes Two"
-- Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
as ascertained by dlgood
9. "Jingling a wish coin that I stole from a fountain that was drowning all the cares in the world /
When I get older climbin up on the back porch fence just to see the dogs runnin."
10. "Hugging like a monkey see, monkey do /
Right beside a riverboat gambler." (dlgood
again comes up with the identification: Terence Trent D'Arby's "Wishing Well."
There, nothing passive aggressive about that.